Friday, November 20, 2015

UPDATE 11/20/15



UPDATE 11/20/15
Tomorrow I’m off to Bakersfield for a Comic Con. It’s a new venue for me and I’m looking forward to meeting some new friends, and getting together with some old cronies I’ve known many years. If you’re in the area, certainly drop by and say hello1.



THE 8th ANNUAL 
BAKERSFIELD COMIC-CON
KERN COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS Buliding 1
1442 So. P St., Bakersfield, CA
Bakersfield's Orignal Comic Book Show!
SUNDAY. NOVEMBER 22nd, 2015
Sun. 10:00am TO 4:30pm

Admission is Only $7.00
(Children under 8yrs are Free)

FREE PARKING!













A couple of months back I was recuperating from a medical procedure and the first thing I did was get back into the routine of taking my morning walks. I live in a virtual paradise and walking in the hills of Tujunga everyday is one of the great pleasures of my life. While I’m out walking I’m constantly doing little sketches of the hillsides, and when I get home I turn them into quick watercolor sketches. Since I didn't have enough energy to do much else at the time, they were a perfect distraction. Here’s a smattering of that latest watercolor sketchbook…all of these are about 5.5” x 3.5”.
















The next issue of Mad Mummy is actually a reprint of Mummy’s Boy, a story that Pete Ventrella and I did for our Voodoo Mansion series way back when, and it was the impetus for the series that I’m working on now. And since it fit so well and I couldn’t resist, I did my homage to the great Will Eisner and what was possibly my favorite Spirit cover. So below is the cover, and the frontispiece for the book, as well as couple images from the story.





Make sure you check out the earlier books Mad Mummy, Retrowood and Lori Lovecraft books on either  iVerse (http://digital.comicsplusapp.com/search_results.php or Comixology (https://www.comixology.com/search?search=mad+mummy). 

Till next time,
Best,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment